- Pingfan Song, Lightfield Microscopy, July 2018 -
- Junjie Huang, Deep Learning for Art Investigation, April 2019-
- Roxana Alexandru, Time-based Sampling and sampling along trajectories, October 2017 -
- Ecenaz Erdemir, Privacy Preserving Signal Processing, November 2017 -
- Su Yan, Image Processing for art
investigation, September 2018-
- Vincent Leung, Machine Learning and FRI, October 2018-
- Herman Verinaz Jadan, Lightfield Microscopy, December 2018-
- Marek Hilton, Spike-based signal processing,
- Maria Villafane, Image Processing for Art Investigation, October 2019-
- Siying Liu, Event-based video, October 2020 -
- Renke Wang, Sampling and
Machine Learning, January 2021 -
Former PhD Students
Deng, (now professor at Beihang University),
Single and Multi-modal Image Super-resolution: From Sparse
Modelling to Deep Neural Networks (outstanding thesis
award), August 2016 -March 2020
Huang, (now post-doc)
New Methods for Deep Dictionary Learning and for Image
Completion, October 2015-October 2019
of the Plenoptic Function from a Swiped Image,
October 2014-October 2018
- Stephanie Reynolds,(now at Busuu),
Cells and Cellular Activity from Two-Photon Calcium
Imaging Data, November 2014-September 2018
- Madeleine Kotzagiannidis, (now post-doc at Cambridge
From Spline Wavelet to Sampling Theory on Circulant Graphs
and Beyond - Conceiving Sparsity in Graph Signal
Processing, October 2013-September 2017
Murray-Bruce, (now assistant professor at University
of South Florida) Sensing physical fields:
Inverse problems for the diffusion equation and beyond,
November 2012- October 2016
Wei, Extensions of the Theory of
Sampling Signals with Finite Rate of Innovation,
Performance Analysis and an Application to Single Image
Super-Resolution, October 2012 - September
Onativia, (now research engineer at Egile), Sampling and Reconstruction
of Finite Rate of Innovation Signals with Applications
in Neuroscience and Sparse Representation,
November 2011-October 2015
Jones, (now at StarLeaf) Change
Detection, October 2011-December 2015
Thongkamwitoon, (now with the Office of the National
Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission) Digital forensic techniques
for the reverse engineering of image acquisition chains,
October 2010- October 2014
Pearson, (now with Amazon), Plenoptic Layer-based
Modeling for Image Based Rendering, October
- Adam Scholefield, (now Post-Doc at EPFL), Quadtree Structured Approximation Algorithms, October 2007- October 2013
Antonio Uriguen, (now post-doc at Deusto University), Exact
and approximate Strang-Fix conditions to reconstruct
signals with Finite Rate of Innovationfrom samples taken
arbitrary kernels, November 2009 -July 2013
Research Fellow at RMIT University, Melbourne) Adaptive
Plenoptic Sampling: Theory and Applications,
October 2008 -October 2012
Gelman, (now at Schlumberger-Doll Rersearch Labs.) Compression
multi-view Images using a Sparse Layer-Based
Representation, October 2008 -March 2012
Akhondi Asl, Multichannel
Sampling of Finite Rate of Innovation Signals, October
- Varit Chaisinthop(now at Nomura Bank), Centralized and Distributed Semi-Parametric Compression of PIecewise Smooth Function, October 2006-June 2010.
Y. Wang (now at IKOS CIF Ltd.), Object
Recognition using Multi-view Imaging, October
Berent, (Now with Google Inc., Zurich
Switzerland), Coherent Multi-Dimensional
Segmentation of Multiview Images using a variational
framework andapplications to Image Based Rendering,
Baboulaz (Now co-founder of Artmyn).
Feature Extraction For Image
Super-Resolution using Finite Rate of Innovation
Principles, September 2004-March 2008.
Gehrig (Now with Odus Technologies S.A.), Distributed Source Coding of
Multi-View Images, October 2003-October 2007.
- Pancham Shukla, (Now Senior Lecturer at London Metropolitan University). Sampling Schemes for Multidimensional Nonbandlimited Signals, November 2003-March 2007.
Maggioni, (now at Foundry) RecoSamp,
September 2015 -February 2017
Data Scientist at ASI),
RecoSamp, September 2012 -September 2015
Muammar, (now with CA
October 2011 - March 2014
Scholefield, (now post-doc at
Super-Resolution, October 2013-June 2014)
Visentini Scarzanella, (now with IBM
Research Tokyo, Japan) Rewind,
October 2011 -May 2014.
- Andy Yu, (now with Imagination Technologies) Unsupervised 3-D multiview scene learning and updating in a changing environment, July 2007-July 2008.
- Jesse Berent (now with Google Inc., Zurich Switzerland), Image Based Rendering, November 2008-September 2009.
- Ying Weng,(now Lecturer at Bangor University) Image Based Rendering, November 2009-July 2009.
April 2020: the Zoom generation. From top left to bottom
right: PLD, Maria, Herman, Roxana, Vincent, Junjie, Pingfan,
Ecenaz, Marek and Su.
September 2019: we celebrate a few of us passing LSR and ESA
exams. From left to right: Junjie, Vincent, Su, Herman,
Roxana, Xin, Ecenaz, PLD and Pingfan.
June 2017: we celebrate ERC 10th Anniversary. From left to
right: Xin, PLD, Stephanie and Junjie.
May 2015 - who is ready to be
the next rector? From left to right: Pancham, Hojjat, Jon,
PLD, Hani,Stephanie, Adam, Madeleine, Loic, Ivy, James, Eagle
April 2014: A bit of celebration is in order here. Adam won the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games and Marco secured the Toshiba Fellowship (one per year over the UK!) From left to right, top row first: Ivy, John, Ziggy, Adam, Madeleine, Thirapiroon,Yingsong, PLD, Marco and Jon.
November 2012: We celebrate my 10 years at Imperial College! From left to right: Ivy, Marco, Yingsong, Paolo, Thirapiroon, Hani, Ziggy, John, PLD, Loic, Eagle, Hojjat, Varit, Pancham, Chris and James.
November 2009. From left to right: Andry, Chris, Varit, Akira (visiting Professor from Yamaguchi University), PLD, Ying, Hojjat, James and Jose Antonio (Adam is missing because he was frantically preparing the presentation for the group seminar series).